Do any of these situations sound familiar?
- People seem to think you have it all together, but underneath you feel anxious a lot of the time.
- You’re in a relationship or a job that’s not working anymore, and you feel stuck.
- You get a lot done, but it still feels like it’s never enough.
- You’ve lost someone you love, and it’s really hard to let go.
- You’re at a crossroads, facing a big life change such as the death of a loved one, pregnancy/birth, getting married or ending a relationship, a major health crisis, hormonal shifts, or conflict in significant relationships–and the change is bringing up a lot and affecting you at a deep level.
You may be reading self-help books, going to yoga, and treating yourself to a massage now and then, but even this good self-care can feel like a temporary balm. It may not be enough right now. You may need some one-on-one support to let go of old patterns that aren’t serving you anymore so you can recover a sense of well-being, connection, and ease.
I’ve been supporting women through anxiety, grief, and all kinds of life changes for over 20 years. In addition to holistic, mindfulness-based counseling, I incorporate hypnotherapy, mind-body awareness, and/or traditional shamanic healing tools as needed. You can click here to learn more about me and my approach.
LOCATION: The Peace House, a women’s sanctuary in south Austin (78745, near Manchaca and Ben White). Remote phone or video sessions are also available.
FEES: $150/hour or $200/hour and a half. I take cash, check, and credit or debit cards. If you have out-of-network insurance coverage, I am happy to provide a monthly statement that you can submit for reimbursement.
My individual client time is sacred to me, and I purposefully schedule no more than 10 individual sessions a week. I take care to make sure we are a good fit before we begin, and if I am not the best therapist for you, I will refer you to one of my many wonderful colleagues. So if you’re curious, please reach out!
Julia is doing something really special here. I’ve worked with a lot of therapists, and they’ve all had their gifts, but this is the first time someone has held the right space for me to find my own gifts and believe in myself.
Since working with Julia, I’ve had situations that before would have felt really triggering, and now I am not so reactive. Situations are either resolving themselves, or I am able to move through them calmly. She is a beautifully skilled practitioner.
I can’t even begin to tell you how helpful Julia was. She helped me get clarity on the direction I want to go in and to trust that path even when it gets hard. I feel immensely better about myself and my life in general.