Welcome. My name is Julia. I am here in service of those who serve others, and I’m so glad you’re here. Though your work may not always be fully recognized or even compensated, it is what keeps this place going. Where would we be without the practitioners, healers, and caregivers in this world? People rely on you. They come to you when they need help, and they know you will be there. You are the wind beneath a lot of wings, my dear.
And you know what? You get to have your own stuff going on too, whether or not you show it on the surface. None of us are immune to the cauldron of this human existence! There is room here for your process too.
I hold spaces of self-healing, discovery, and empowerment for counselors, healthcare practitioners, healers, nonprofit staff, mothers, and other natural caregivers. My current offerings include:
- Individual Sessions
- Wellness Groups and Workshops
- Weddings, Funerals, Rites of Passage, and Other Ceremonial Work
- Lessons of Labor: One Woman’s Self-Discovery Through Birth & Motherhood (MSI Press: 2015)
This “care of the caregiver” work has evolved out of my own 20+ years of counseling and human service experience. Through these offerings, I honor the heart of service, which needs continual replenishment and care to do its best work.
My background includes:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Supervisor
- Masters in Social Work (University of Texas at Austin, 1999)
- Ordained Interfaith Minister (One Spirit Interfaith Seminary, 2003)
- Faculty at AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, Integral Studies department
- Author of Lessons of Labor: One Woman’s Self-Discovery Through Birth and Motherhood
- Extensive studies and practice of mindfulness meditation in Thailand, Nepal, and the US since 1996
- An intuitive healer with integrated training and experience in clinical hypnotherapy, breathwork, spiritual direction, and movement-based therapies
If you would like to learn more, you can listen to this radio interview, subscribe to my newsletter, or contact me directly. If you are in the Austin area, you are also welcome to join me at our free, weekly Community Wellness Hour.
Wishing you a joyful heart and a beautiful day,