Are you facing big changes in your life? Do you feel anxiety, grief, or overwhelm? Do you value personal growth and want to face the transitions in your life with courage and grace?
Maybe you’ve had a significant loss or your relationships are changing. There could be a difficult choice you have to make, or maybe you’re just having trouble finding your feet again when things feel so unsettled. Feelings from the past may be coming up that are asking to be seen. Most likely, it looks like you have it all together on the outside. But on the inside… there’s more to the story.
My name is Julia Aziz, and I support women in coming back to their own heart, their own strength, and their own center. My current offerings include:
- Individual Counseling
- Wellness Groups and Workshops
- Weddings, Funerals, Mother Blessings, Rites of Passage, and Other Ceremonial Work for Major Life Changes
- Lessons of Labor: One Woman’s Self-Discovery Through Birth & Motherhood (MSI Press: 2015)
My training and experience is pretty diverse. I have been counseling individuals, facilitating groups, and leading workshops for over 20 years. I have studied with wonderful teachers in the areas of transpersonal psychology, spiritual direction, Buddhist meditation, shamanism, traditional healing practices, and clinical hypnotherapy. I also draw upon my own personal experiences as an empathic, highly sensitive person who has had to learn (sometimes the hard way) how to let go of fear, honor my own rhythms, and live an authentic life of compassion and trust. My background includes:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Supervisor
- Masters in Social Work (University of Texas at Austin, 1999)
- Ordained Interfaith Minister (One Spirit Interfaith Seminary, 2003) and former hospice spiritual counselor with Hospice Austin and Girling Hospice
- Bachelor’s of Arts, Psychology with High Honors (Colgate University, 1996)
- Faculty at AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, Integral Studies department
- Author of Lessons of Labor: One Woman’s Self-Discovery Through Birth and Motherhood
- Extensive studies and practice of mindfulness meditation in Thailand, Nepal, and the US since 1996
- 20+ years of counseling experience
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (International Certification Board of Clinical Hypnotherapy) and currently in training to complete certification with the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Studying traditional healing with Marika Alvarado, Apache elder (Of The Earth School of Indigenous Medicine, 2018-2019)
If you would like to learn more, you can listen to this radio interview, subscribe to my newsletter, or contact me directly. If you are in the Austin area, you are also welcome to join me at our free, weekly Community Wellness Hour.
Wishing you a beautiful day and a joyful heart,