I’ve been counseling, teaching, and facilitating for more than twenty years now, and every person I’ve worked with has taught me something new. I am clinically trained as a psychotherapist and professionally trained as a spiritual counselor and ceremony officiant. My private practice integrates psychotherapy, writing, meditation, movement, natural elements, hypnosis, and traditional healing practices. I’ve been greatly influenced by a deep love for nature, my Jewish background, the indigenous teachings I have had the honor of learning, the Tao Te Ching, Buddhist philosophy, transpersonal psychology, and all the wonderful mentors that have showed up throughout my life. I have also learned so much from my own vulnerabilities. They have taught me to choose authenticity, honor my own rhythms, and embrace the unknown.
Integrity is incredibly important to me. I don’t invite clients to do anything I don’t live or practice myself. My background includes:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Supervisor
- Ordained Interfaith Minister and former Hospice Chaplain with Hospice Austin and Girling Hospice
- 20+ Years of Counseling Experience
- Faculty at AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, Integral Studies department
- Author of When You’re Having a Hard Time: The Little Book That Listens and Lessons of Labor: One Woman’s Self-Discovery Through Birth and Motherhood
- Ordination (One Spirit Interfaith Seminary, 2003)
- Masters in Social Work (University of Texas at Austin, 1999)
- B.A., Psychology with High Honors, Phi Beta Kappa (Colgate University, 1996)
- Extensive studies and practice of mindfulness meditation in Thailand, Nepal, and the US since 1996
- Certified in Clinical Hypnosis through the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH) and Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist through the International Certification Board of Clinical Hypnotherapy.
- Certified by Marika Alvarado, Apache elder, as Traditional Healer through Of The Earth School of Indigenous Medicine
If you’re wondering if we would be a good fit for working together, you can consider some of the principles that guide my practice:
- Though you may be struggling, there is nothing wrong with you.
- There is something to learn in every dark night you are willing to face.
- Old fear patterns can be released. You can learn to center yourself no matter what’s going on around you.
- When you become your own beloved, just about everything gets easier.
I believe the time of the expert is over. We can no longer put our healers and teachers on pedestals and hope they can fix us. We can no longer take responsibility for others’ emotions or try to fix anyone else. There is great opportunity for finding the wisdom and strength we need within though. We have entered a time for self-healing and empowerment. I am here to support you in your own process, whatever that looks like.
If you’d like to hear more, please subscribe to my newsletter. I send out monthly reflections and occasionally will remind you about upcoming offerings. You are also welcome to join me at our free, weekly Community Wellness Hour or an online event coming soon.