I began working in the field of mental health, personal growth, and emotional healing as soon as I reached adulthood. I’ve been counseling, teaching, and facilitating for more than twenty years now, and every person I’ve encountered has taught me something. I am clinically trained as a psychotherapist and professionally trained as a spiritual counselor and ceremony officiant. My private practice integrates psychotherapy, writing, meditation, movement, natural elements, hypnosis, and traditional healing practices. I’ve been greatly influenced by a deep love for nature, my Jewish background, the indigenous teachings I have had the honor of learning, the Tao Te Ching, Buddhist philosophy, transpersonal psychology, and all the wonderful mentors that have showed up throughout my life. I have also learned so much from my vulnerabilities. They have taught me to honor my own rhythms and to choose authenticity and real trust.
Integrity is incredibly important to me. I don’t invite people to do anything I don’t live or practice myself. My background includes:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Supervisor
- Ordained Interfaith Minister and former Hospice Chaplain with Hospice Austin and Girling Hospice
- 20+ Years of Counseling Experience
- Faculty at AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, Integral Studies department
- Author of Lessons of Labor: One Woman’s Self-Discovery Through Birth and Motherhood
- Ordination (One Spirit Interfaith Seminary, 2003)
- Masters in Social Work (University of Texas at Austin, 1999)
- B.A., Psychology with High Honors, Phi Beta Kappa (Colgate University, 1996)
- Extensive studies and practice of mindfulness meditation in Thailand, Nepal, and the US since 1996
- Certified in Clinical Hypnosis through the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH), and Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist through the International Certification Board of Clinical Hypnotherapy.
- Certified by Marika Alvarado, Apache elder, as Traditional Healer through Of The Earth School of Indigenous Medicine
If you’re wondering if we would be a good fit for working together, you can consider some of the principles that guide my practice:
- There is nothing wrong with you.
- There is something to learn in every dark night you are willing to walk through.
- Old fear patterns can be released. You can learn to access a relaxed state of mind no matter what’s going on around you.
- When you become your own beloved, just about everything gets easier.
If you would like to hear more, you can listen to this radio interview, subscribe to my newsletter, or contact me directly. If you are in the Austin area, you are also welcome to join me at our free, weekly Community Wellness Hour.
With much love,