I started in the field of personal growth and healing at a young age and have been counseling individuals, facilitating groups, and officiating ceremonies for over 20 years. I am clinically trained as a psychotherapist, and my practice integrates transpersonal psychology, spiritual direction, mindfulness meditation, hypnotherapy, shamanism, and other traditional healing practices. I also draw from my own personal experiences as an empathic, highly sensitive person who has had to learn how to let go of fear, honor my own rhythms, and live an authentic life built on compassion and trust. I don’t ask my clients to do anything I don’t practice myself. My background includes:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Supervisor
- Masters in Social Work (University of Texas at Austin, 1999)
- Ordained Interfaith Minister (One Spirit Interfaith Seminary, 2003) and former hospice chaplain with Hospice Austin and Girling Hospice
- Bachelor’s of Arts, Psychology with High Honors (Colgate University, 1996)
- Faculty at AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, Integral Studies department
- Author of Lessons of Labor: One Woman’s Self-Discovery Through Birth and Motherhood
- Extensive studies and practice of mindfulness meditation in Thailand, Nepal, and the US since 1996
- 20+ years of counseling experience
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (International Certification Board of Clinical Hypnotherapy) and currently in training to complete certification with the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Studying traditional healing with Marika Alvarado, Apache elder (Of The Earth School of Indigenous Medicine)
If you’re wondering if we would be a good fit for working together, you can consider some of the principles that guide my practice:
- There is nothing wrong with you. If you’re here, you belong here.
- There is something to be learned in every struggle.
- You can feel a lot better when old fear patterns are released.
- Clear choices and true joy arise out of a relaxed, open state of mind. You can learn to access this peace on a regular basis, no matter what’s going on around you.
- Self-love can transform your life.
If you would like to hear more, you can listen to this radio interview, subscribe to my newsletter, or contact me directly. If you are in the Austin area, you are also welcome to join me at our free, weekly Community Wellness Hour.
All my love,