I started in the field of personal growth and healing at a young age and have been counseling individuals, facilitating groups, teaching classes, and officiating ceremonies for over 20 years. I am clinically trained as a psychotherapist, spiritual counselor, and ceremony officiant, and my private practice integrates transpersonal psychology, meditation, hypnotherapy, somatic release, and other traditional healing practices. I am influenced greatly by Taosim, Buddhism, shamanism, a connection to nature, and my own Jewish background. I also draw from personal experience as an intuitive, sensitive person who has had to learn how to honor my own rhythms and choose authenticity and trust. I don’t ask my clients to do anything I don’t live or practice myself. My background includes:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Supervisor
- Ordained Interfaith Minister and former Hospice Chaplain with Hospice Austin and Girling Hospice
- 20+ Years of Counseling Experience
- Faculty at AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, Integral Studies department
- Author of Lessons of Labor: One Woman’s Self-Discovery Through Birth and Motherhood
- Ordination (One Spirit Interfaith Seminary, 2003)
- Masters in Social Work (University of Texas at Austin, 1999)
- B.A., Psychology with High Honors, Phi Beta Kappa (Colgate University, 1996)
- Extensive studies and practice of mindfulness meditation in Thailand, Nepal, and the US since 1996
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (International Certification Board of Clinical Hypnotherapy, 2015). Also trained in clinical hypnotherapy through the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (2018-2019).
- Certified by Marika Alvarado, Apache elder, as Traditional Healer through Of The Earth School of Indigenous Medicine
If you’re wondering if we would be a good fit for working together, you can consider some of the principles that guide my practice:
- There is nothing wrong with you.
- There is something to be learned from every dark night you face.
- You can release old fear patterns and learn to access a relaxed, open state of mind, no matter what’s going on around you.
- When you become your own beloved, everything gets easier.
If you would like to hear more, you can listen to this radio interview, subscribe to my newsletter, or contact me directly. If you are in the Austin area, you are also welcome to join me at our free, weekly Community Wellness Hour.
With much love,