I started in the field of personal growth and healing at a young age and have been counseling individuals, facilitating groups, and officiating ceremonies for over 20 years. I am clinically trained as a psychotherapist, and my practice integrates transpersonal psychology, spiritual direction, mindfulness meditation, hypnotherapy, shamanism, and other traditional healing practices. I also draw from my own personal experiences as an intuitive, empathic, sensitive person who has had to learn how to let go of old patterns, honor my own rhythms, and live with authenticity and trust. I don’t ask my clients to do anything I don’t live or practice myself. My background includes:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Supervisor
- Masters in Social Work (University of Texas at Austin, 1999)
- Ordained Interfaith Minister (One Spirit Interfaith Seminary, 2003) and former hospice chaplain with Hospice Austin and Girling Hospice
- Bachelor’s of Arts, Psychology with High Honors (Colgate University, 1996)
- Faculty at AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, Integral Studies department
- Author of Lessons of Labor: One Woman’s Self-Discovery Through Birth and Motherhood
- Extensive studies and practice of mindfulness meditation in Thailand, Nepal, and the US since 1996
- 20+ years of counseling experience
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (International Certification Board of Clinical Hypnotherapy, 2015). Currently in process to complete a second certification with the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
- Will complete year-long certification program in traditional healing with Marika Alvarado, Apache elder (Of The Earth School of Indigenous Medicine) in July 2019
If you’re wondering if we would be a good fit for working together, you can consider some of the principles that guide my practice:
- There is nothing wrong with you.
- If you’re here, you belong here.
- There is something to be learned from every dark night we face.
- Old fear patterns can be released. Transformation is possible.
- You can learn to access a relaxed, open state of mind on a regular basis, no matter what’s going on around you.
- When you become your own beloved, everything gets easier.
If you would like to hear more, you can listen to this radio interview, subscribe to my newsletter, or contact me directly. If you are in the Austin area, you are also welcome to join me at our free, weekly Community Wellness Hour.
With much love,